Saturday, September 03, 2005

Let's Map it Out





Here's the break down regarding response types:

Neutral:
I consider a neutral reply one where a gallery has a positive reaction to my work, but may not have any exhibition space for me at this time or cannot accept new artists. This may be the gallery's attempt to let me down gently, but because they haven't said that my work is not appropriate for their space, they will remain on my mailing list.

Negative:
A negative response is one where the gallery makes it clear that my work does not align well with the gallery vision or aesthetic.

Positive:
A gallery is excited about my work and would like to offer me a show, representation, or would like to discuss the possibility of such opportunities.

2 Comments:

Blogger ProV1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/03/2005 4:31 PM  
Blogger violette said...

Wow! I really admire you for forging ahead. Rejection is never easy.....i've got drawers full of them! Good luck to you and your art dreams! Yay!

love, violette

10/26/2007 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home