Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another Selection from the Stack

"Suzanne,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have recently accepted a position at The XXX Museum of Art. I am sorry to say that I stepped "down" from my position at the Gallery at last week. I do not know who is going to be taking submissions from now on. I apologize for not being able to help you. On a personal note, I think your art work is fantastic!

Sincerely,
John Doe"

So close yet so far, no? I get some honest enthusiasm for my work, but the person in charge of the gallery is no more and has no idea what the gallery will be doing in that regard in the future. It's a swing and a miss! Maybe I can make it a near miss. I wrote him back and thanked him for the email, asked him if he knew of other places that might find my work interesting and wished him luck in his new position. We’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home