Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another Selection from the Stack II

"Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your interest in representation here at the Gallery. I have followed the link to your website and have reviewed the images and information you have posted. Although I find the work interesting and it appears to be well executed, I do not feel it is right for my gallery.

Thanks again for the submission and best of luck in your search for representation.

Sincerely,

Mr. Doe"

This is a really common type of letter that I get. Part of the disadvantage of cruising all over the country seeking galleries is that it can be truly challenging to determine what sort of gallery you're attempting to make contact with. While you may see work that seems similar enough to yours on their website, they may not be able to update their site frequently and so the work may be outdated. Also the work online might only be a fraction of what the gallery has in house and again doesn't represent the gallery image well. Of course there's another factor to consider... my inability to see that there is no or very little connection with my work's themes or style to the gallery. When you don't fit perfectly into a specific genre, finding a gallery to represent your work can certainly be a challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home