Thursday, April 05, 2007

Local Museum Jurried Exhibition... No Thank You

Recently, I entered two pieces for consideration by the local museum for their jurried art show. I thought about submitting more edgy work, but on a last minute whim I submitted the following tow pieces:

"Quiet Melancholy" 24"x36"


"Study" 24"x36"

Today I recieved electronically the letter regretfully informing me of their decision:

"Dear Artist,

On behalf of the Local Museum of Art and Science thank you for submitting your work to the 2007 Juried Exhibition. The juror had a challenging job choosing from over 300 submissions. We regret to inform you, your submission was not selected this year. We hope you will apply next time.

We wish you continued success in all of your creative endeavors.

Sincerely,

2007 Juried Exhibition Committee"



It would have been nice to have the emails mail merged, but all in all it's not a bad letter.


Onward...

4 Comments:

Blogger red-handed said...

... and they have a great sense of light.

4/18/2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Eero said...

I've entered some juried/group exhibits where they didn't even bother to send me a rejection email, much less a paper one! Can you believe it! It's like I paid someone $35 dollars to ignore me.

But on a brighter note---you are REALLY GOOD at painting cats---the body form is just perfect!

5/04/2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Derek McCrea said...

Your works are superb. I wonder what the artists work looked like that was accepted.

8/10/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, great post.

3/14/2018 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home