Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Sample of My Work


As I wait for a new round of rejection letters to head my way, I thought it would be nice to share one of my paintings. The above image is "Sweet Dreams" from my Butterfly Series. It measures 16"x20" and is high viscosity acrylic on stretched canvas.


In news relating to all things gallery/exhibition, I have managed to secure a trendy location in town for the remainders of my September exhibit from up north. The paintings should arrive next week sometime and I'll be swinging by and dropping off a few lovelies for them to display along with a few copies of the book to sell.

Another task on my “to do” list is to visit with a small touristy gallery in Historic Downtown Cocoa Beach Florida. It's amazing what something as simple as a phone call can do. I cruised by the space on Labor Day weekend, emailed them some samples of my work... didn't hear, but then decided to follow-up with a phone call and we're on for a face to face next week and we're talking exhibition space for February (which would be ideal for me).

The moral of the story is, don't be afraid of making phone calls to galleries and alternative spaces. Speaking directly to the gallery staff, and in some cases the director, can only show initiative and in many ways will help circumvent the problems a busy schedule or not-so-web/email-savvy gallery. I think this week will find me making several phone calls. What can it hurt?

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Nice picture.

Sadly, I won't be buying it because I'm the sort of cretin who likes his walls bare (much to the chagrin of my wife, who wants paintings on the wall). Even as a teenager, I didn't plaster pictures or posters anywhere (but ... desktops, counters, floors, any horizontal surface for ripe for a pile of papers and books)

An interesting site. I admire the courage of being an artist.

I tended away from arts towards more 'practical' areas - although, deep inside I always long to freely and creatively express myself. Sometimes, I wish I could turn off my rational thought process and just 'experience' without analysis.

I wish you well and good luck. I am rooting for you to succeed.

10/12/2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger Jung Jaewon said...

Sweet Dreams - very peacefull !
best your regads

2/03/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Hang in there Suzanne. I think it's a lovely painting. If you are having trouble getting galleries, I could despair. This is a terribly brave site and an inspiration to those of us who are struggling to sell art. And YES, I do it for the money!

8/16/2010 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home