Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Near Miss... maybe

"January 25, 2006

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for submitting an application for exhibition to our gallery. We received many submissions and have created an exhibition schedule through July 2007. Although we did not select your work at this time, I hop you will submit again in the future. Due to the large number of submissions and the limited slots available the exhibition committee had the difficult task of turning down 117 highly qualified artists this year.

In June of 2006 we are planning the National All Media Juried Exhibition. Based on the quality of your artwork we encourage you to submit an application to this exhibition. Application information will be available on our website in the upcoming months. In addition, we will keep your name and address on our artists mailing list to advise you of other exhibition opportunities at the Gallery. Our board will again view slides for exhibition in Fall of 06 for the September 2007-July 2008 Schedule. Again we appreciate the opportunity to view your work.

Sincerely,

The Executive Director"

It's been a little while since I've opened up the ol' PO box and found me a rejection letter (not to say I'm getting acceptance letters, but with all the shows I've been doing, I haven't had time to organize a mass mailing in a little while). This one seems somewhat encouraging and maybe if I can beef up my portfolio before the next mass mailing, I can land me something good. We shall see. You just never know with a reply like the one above if they really did like your work, or if they just want that application fee for the juried show. :P

Anyhow,... onwards! And if you're curious about how the shows and portfolios are going you can check me out at:
http://www.fifthavenueartgallery.com (where my work hangs physically)
http://www.suzanneclements.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ninakatz/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home