Monday, October 10, 2005

Your Turn!!

How many of you out there are promoting your work to publishers, art directors, and/or galleries? What sorts of experiences have you had along the way? What do you feel are your biggest obstacles? If you could get into any place of your choice (publishing house, agency, gallery, museum, etc.) what specifically would it be and why?

I'd love to hear a few stories from the lurkers out there and in turn you can ask me anything about my process along the way here too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I think you know much of my answer :) But... I will blab anyway. I've had just enough good strokes from pros to make me keep my head in the game. I'm totally dedicated and willing to try and become better and better. My biggest obstacle is coming up with the best winner of an idea that has never been seen before. Specifically, I want to be my own boss, writing and illustrating as I please for whom I please. I may have a ways to go but I'm not tired yet. I know i have something great in me that is just waiting to emerge. Oh it's comin'!

10/10/2005 10:45 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh I know you can do it... we've just gotta find you the right path and once you're on it... BLAMO

(Thanks for sharing btw - you're my first REAL comment!)

10/11/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger sallie said...

this is too funny... I just started a blog a couple of days ago in the same vein... but i haven't really "launched" it yet, because I haven't had time to enter any of my rejection letters. i thought i'd do a search to see if anyone else had done this, and sure enough, here you are :)

here's a sneak peak of my blog just for you.

11/08/2005 1:06 AM  
Blogger sallie said...

ha! and i'm a virgo too (29 though)... hmmm... wonder what that means.

11/08/2005 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home